The Eleventh Volume

Dont quote me on that. Quote Unquote. And you can Quote me on the Quote Unquote.


So I spent the past 2 weeks preparing for probably something I didn't expect to change my highschool life so drastically.

For three years, I spent highschool being quite silent and reserved. Doing only school work and staying after school only when needed. When Daniel Dixon drags me into doing stage crew work for the WIzard Of Oz Musical, I wasn't expecting the laughs, the issues, the dancing, the lifting, and especially the friends.

The first week was stagnant full of preparations, Painting sets and lifting crap and workloads, but the second week was fascinating. Getting out of school after second block was fun, and not really knowing what was moving on and off until 2 minutes before the scene change. Many props were a hassle, some props were heavy. But with help of some of the cast, things became super easy.
By the final night, we had an intense system of movement going on. So many jokes going on too, loving tin man's cowbell, teacher jokes and inside jokes of our own (i.e visual arts gallery/Sammiches)
Everytime I watched the play unfold in front of me, I fell more and more in love with the actors and the songs and the play itself. Honestly until this play I'd never fully seen the Wizard of Oz. I found myself at points just dancing along to the music with fellow crew and cast members. I met so many awesome hilarious people in the fine arts section of our school that I had never even met before, and some people I haven't really met until the musical. I couldn't name all the great people I've made friends with and met. But I'm sure I'll get the chance to work with them again. I hope atleast. To those who were cast and helping us back stage, you all are stars.

OH. ORCHESTRA, YOU'RE SEXY FLAWLESS.

There's three thousand things I could write about. Including dancing/chariots of fire, walking around the neighborhood, grounders, photoshoots, being tired, meeting people, injuring myself due to photobombing, props, costumes, and more.

You all sing amazing. You all act so great. You guys dance... well, most of you dance decently.

K but actually. I've got nothing to describe what went on but I hope I get to work with all of you again soon. And if not, I hope we can still see each other in the hallway and we can high five or wink or dance it out or something. Thanks to everyone who co-operated with our stage crap. :D Being extra-curricular for once was a blast.

So to re-iterate, How did The Wizard Of Oz Musical change my life?
1. Experiences,
2. Being extra-curricular,
3. Friends.

I love you guys.


Mark Dimzon

P.S. LORENZO YOU SEXY.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)